Cliff's Corner 3 -
Tips & Techniques - Move
section features a few tips and techniques that can help you create
interesting photos. Most of
these were taken with my Nikon DSLR, which is the camera I
typically shoot with when traveling. Being a bit large and heavy, it's
not always convenient to carry it with me. In such cases, I carry my
ultra-small Sony in my belt case. It's not loaded with features, but it
does an adequate job for most photo opportunities.
1. Oregon Coast - Tip: Look for unusual conditions, like this misty
2. Pensacola Beach, FL - Tip: Look for opportunities to shoot backlit scenes
& close-ups for dramatic effect.
1. Panama City Beach, FL - Tip:
Watch for close-up
2. Grand Teton NP, WY - Tip: Include the highway from a low angle to
emphasize a driving vacation.
1. Outer Banks, NC - Tip: Look for contrasting scenes, like this marsh
framed by surrounding trees.
2. Jackson, WY - Tip: Wait around for the sun to go down for dramatic