Drive Up North 1 -
Our Drive Up North 2
In September, we
set off on a 3,025 mile journey from Atlanta to Cleveland OH via the Blue
Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah River Valley, Charlottesville,
Harper's Ferry, Gettysburg, Lancaster County (Amish country),
Philadelphia and Scenic Route 6 across Northern Pennsylvania. It was a
beautiful drive with lots of interesting sights along the way. While in
Cleveland, we visited Sue's brother, Marty and
childhood friend, Sharon (who took us jet skiing!). We also visited
such sights as the Rock 'n Roll Hall of
Fame, Christmas Story house, West Side Market & more. We returned home via the beautiful mountains of West Virginia,
Virginia & North Carolina. What a great
1. First stop, Mt. Airy NC, where Andy Griffith was born & raised.
2. The Andy Griffith Show aired from 1960-1968.
1. Andy poses with his statue during a visit to Mt. Airy.
2. The museum had displays of many show props.
1. "Gonna be a great vacation!" 2.
Andy's squad car, a Ford Galaxie 500", patrols Mt. Airy.